Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Roadtrip away from Sydney with no Destination (Pt.3) - Brisbane

Brisbane City Centre
We could have stayed close to our hotel and taken some nice walk at Broadbeach, but after we have already seen so many beaches and places related to water, we needed some variety. Thinking back, I find it a bit regretful that I didn't make at least one footstep on the famous Broadbeach, but one day only at Gold Coast was really too rushed. For that one day, we rather gave priority to half day of theme park and half day of city life to balance out all the "water views" and beaches that we already had. After we had our fun in Movie World, it was time for some flashing city lights in Brisbane.


I remember how rushed we were, because we were so afraid to miss out the sun and the sunset. Brisbane was totally an unfamiliar place to us, so after we parked our car somewhere close to the city center, we simply followed the last sunbeams and ran towards the sunset until we would reach an interesting place - very random and spontaneous, as always.


Can you imagine from this random shot how in need I was for some interesting spot worth taking a photo of? The visit to Brisbane was not planned at all. It was a quite spontaneous reaction to the "what's next?"-question after we had just left Movie World. Therefore, no one was prepared for Brisbane, and none of us had an idea of where to go, where to find the must-see spots or even where to get good food. We were so lost that even a boring garage was suddenly inspirational enough to be worth taking a photo of, haha!


- "The cloud there looks super cute!"
- "Huh?"
- "There, where the sun is behind! Take a photo before it's gone!"

Thanks to my friend who spotted this little golden view. I love things which shine, glow and sparkle in a minimalist or soft way and thereby create brightness which is not too striking - something that one could call "understated beauty". It warms the heart with a pleasant feeling without being too obtrusive or thrilling.



Kurilpa Bridge
Kurilpa Bridge & Brisbane River, Brisbane
View from Kurilpa Bridge
Yay, we still made it in time to capture some final photos at daylight! Brisbane does not seem to be as hectic as Sydney. With the river, and seeing few individuals taking their evening walk or doing a jogging session on the bridge, the city still comprises aspects of a peaceful village.


Brisbane City Center
Nothing too special, it was a city center with the familiar shops and chains like in Sydney. However, compared to Sydney where China Town is right located in the city center and where you bump into Asian food restaurants almost everywhere in the city, Brisbane was definitely less Asian - less Asian people and less Asian shops. We wanted to eat good ramen noodles so much and kept on looking for a perfect ramen noodle restaurant, but in the end, we only found a shabby Ajisen Ramen... We kind of wasted our opportunity to hit a good food spot in Brisbane, sigh.

King George Square, Brisbane
Doesn't the building and the clock give you that traditional, old king age feeling as if it was time for something arising from the dark? Haha, my fantasies... Anyways, for us, it was simply time to leave Brisbane :)

If I had the chance to go back to Australia a fifth time (sounds insane, haha), I try I would try to plan a longer trip to Queensland. Besides its capital city Brisbane (where there is also more to explore than we did), Broadbeach, Gold Coast and the theme parks, this state offers sooooooooooo many more attractions to see such as Sunshine Coast, Cairns, the world-famous Great Barrier Reef and other breathtaking natural sights hidden in national parks around Queensland.

Considering that we didn't expect to get so far, reaching Queensland at all was already a great achievement, although it was only one day left for exploring the area. So whatever we still missed out, never mind, maybe next time :)


Final morning, time to leave. Checking and tinkering the car in the car park before hitting the road for an estimated 10+ hours drive back home. Of course, a strong coffee was needed to keep eyes wide open during the long, long, long ride: Hello my beloved green tea latte with an extra espresso shot - why can't I get you at Starbucks around Europe? Is it so difficult to import some matcha green tea powder to European Starbucks?! Seriously, I miss this drink in Europe...

There is still more on this roadtrip! Wanna keep following us?

Next: Lunch break stop in BYRON BAY.

Also read the previous stops from this roadtrip if you haven't read yet:

26 comments:

  1. the last photo looks so artistic<33 hehe... and thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, you're right about the pink eyeshadow, that's too bad. cuz pink is one of my favorite color. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, its really too bad :( sometimes a pink eyeshadow would suit so well to the outfit, but then it just doesnt look good when i put it on T T

      Delete
  2. brisbane looks so pretty! hopefully i'll have a chance to go down there and enjoy the scenery and city :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yessss, u should go go go go! it's not even thaaaat far from melbourne, so u should make used of the fact that u r already stationed in australia!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos. I feel so nostalgic whenever I watch sunsets wherever they are located. I would love to visit Australia some day.

    www.msjess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, australia has sooo many beautiful places to watch sunsets from!
      and thanks for visiting and following :)

      Delete
  4. Hopefulle I'll be in this place in one year time.
    abiriza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope so too! u will definitely love the place and never ever wanna leave again! :)

      Delete
  5. The sunset shots are gorgeous. Enjoy your time in Byron Bay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihi thx for visiting n following!
      i did enjoy my stay at byron bay :) its a flashback :P
      the roadtrip was one year ago hehe!

      Delete
  6. Nice Blog :)
    Check out my blog at: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh! These photos are all so amazing! I'm glad you had such a lovely trip =)

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing place and lovely sun set . You're too lucky to catch a sunset awesome like this :)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness i just found your blog and i love it! you have amazing photos and everything is so cute and beautiful:) definitely a new follower:)
    looking forward to reading more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww~~ thanks so much dear :))
      so happy u like my blog :)) xxx

      Delete
  10. Lovely photos! I enjoyed seeing your trip through your posts. Seems like you had a great time ^^

    xx
    jamie sarah
    elegantly-inept.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this travel blog! I want to have a road trip away from Hawaii but too bad we live on an island hahaha I would have to do a boat trip. Great pictures! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a boat trip can be awesome too :D i would love to see hawaii, i bet the beaches are even more beautiful there x)

      Delete
  12. Aww Brisbane looks awesome! Jealousy here that I didn't visit this city yet, hehe. I use the SLR of my sister, it's a CANON EOS 500D :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping by! time to go there if u haven't seen it yet ;D!

      Delete
  13. Hi Connie,

    Thanx for your lovely comment on my blog. I really appreciate when newcomers take the time to click around my blog and read more about me. It helps in the instant connection and it also encourages 2-way communication when comments are not cursory, don't you think so?

    I've been to Brisbane eons ago with my then-boyfriend and now hubby. I like it there though we kept driving down to Gold Coast. The beach (Surfer's Paradise) was not up to my expectation as I was really envisioning the best beach on earth. It is rather eroded and very close to the road and the city though overall, I like Gold Coast as a whole area and not just the beach portion.

    Randomness and spontaneity is good and the garage shot looks artistic.

    Would love to keep in touch with you!

    RYC:
    It is really lovely to see a newcomer here who is Chinese/ Cantonese. I'm a Chinese/ Hokkien.

    Thank you for your compliments. I love it when people tell me they like my writing. I'm gonna drop by your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess you really made it on time, yeah? Your photos look amazing! I love the King George Square photo the most!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The view you had in the last picture is absolutely gorgeous!

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments~ I appreciate all of them! :)

COPYRIGHT © 2010-2015 ACHEERFULINSPIRATION.BLOGSPOT.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.