Thursday, February 14, 2013

Roadtrip away from Sydney with no Destination (Pt.4) - Byron Bay


Isn't that adorable and cute? Although Byron Bay was again another beachside town we had arrived, we weren't much attracted by the beach (also because we already had too many on our roadtrip), but rather by the lovely souvenir and crafts shops and nice dining restaurants.

We actually went to Byron Bay twice. The first time we stopped there for dinner and also wanted to stay there over night. Unfortunately, hotels were all booked out so that we were forced to continue our trip and eventually made it to Gold Coast. However, the dinner we had there was an exclusive experience.

St. Elmo - Dining room and wine bar. The place gave an impression of being quite high-class with dimmed lights and the big wine bar with all the fine wines on the shelves. It was a relaxing and chilling place where you could hang with your group of friends for a nice cocktail or wine, or even for nice food platters to be shared with friends.

They have a diverse menu, but in my opinion, the dishes are a bit overpriced for the fact that none of us had had enough although the bill was already more than decent. The dishes did taste good though, just that portions were quite small. The service was also awesome and very professional.




We went there a second time when we were on our way back to Sydney. We dropped at the sushi bar to fill our hungry stomachs for lunch and to catch up the shops that we missed out the first time we got here.



The little craft and souvenir shops were really adorable and gave the town a kind village feeling - comfortable and lovely, a place where people from the neighborhood know and greet each other. Since my home was in Germany, it was not convenient for me to buy any home decoration there, but if you are a creative and artsy person, you will definitely find in those shops something to bring home and fall in love with (or vice versa, haha!).


We thought about buying a souvenir for each of us so that we had something that will always remind us of this awesome trip: wristbands! Look at all these many handmade wristbands... We ended up not buying though, because the choice was simply too huge, and we weren't sure who liked which style - epic fail, haha!

Although we didn't get thrilled by the beach, we still had to take a look at it. Too bad that it was a cloudy day without any sun beam coming through. Therefore, the beach didn't look too inviting. 


Although the weather made the beach appearing dull, there were still some interesting spots at this beach: Look at the drawings on the sand! I don't know if that belongs to some attraction or if we were just lucky enough to just be there when creative artists had been in action. You see, it doesn't always have to be sand castles, there are more ways to play with sand at the beach ;D

A random shot I took during a toilet break on the road - It suddenly crossed my road, but instead of screaming up and jumping away, my instant reaction was taking my camera and "SNAP!" haha. What would have been your reaction to such a sudden encounter? ;P


Well, it took us 13hrs to get back home to Sydney in the end - thumbs up for our two drivers. We were all so tired, soooo tired, but well satisfied and very happy with how this spontaneous adventure came out in the end. If I had the chance to do such a trip again, I wouldn't have the slightest "no" thought (if my money agrees with me, haha). But I guess no one would (again, if money agrees xP), because it's Australia - the continent with the most various (natural) attractions! Everyone should have been there, because at least once in a lifetime, your mind is supposed to be blown away by the fascinating home country of kangaroos and koalas ;D

Thanks for following me on this trip!

Feel free to check out the other parts too:
Part 1: NSW
Part 2: Gold Coast, Movie World
Part 3: Brisbane

17 comments:

  1. Hello dear :) nice your blog and cute post! now follow you with pleasure ;) if you want me to go!

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it/

    Kiss Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!! It's really cute! :)
    Followed you. I hope you can follow me back :)
    Happy Valentine's day!!

    xx,
    http://moonlightspice.blogspot.com/

    MOONLIGHTSPICE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Nice blog you have dear. I love travelling, too. But for now I am exploring the beauty of my country first. I wish to travel international of course, someday.

    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post:) If you want go to my blog:)
    http://asunshineoffashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spontaneous adventures are the best! The worst thing is...the older I get, the less spontaneous I become, which makes me terribly worried. I wanna be young and crazy forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you CAN be young and crazy forever, we are as young as we feel in our heart :) it's never too late to catch up on something or to be crazy!

      Delete
  6. Hilarious about the wrist bands! I'm exactly the same. Too much choice usually means no purchase made in the end! >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can be a good thing too! :)
      that's how u make sure u won't buy something u are not 100% sure about, hahaha

      Delete
  7. nice post ! <3 love that "follow your dream" & your cute bunny ^^

    irenelilyk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, its not my bunny though :) it's my friend's and she takes it with her to every travel trip haha!

      Delete
  8. The drawings on the sand look really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are! too bad they only last as long as the water doesn't flush them away :(

      Delete
  9. I wanna go there too but 13 hrs of drive seems too exhausting ://///// but I definitely must go this year!!! x http://xloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you don't need to drive them all at once! just drive 2 or 3hrs each day and stop at various places in between :) we were just in rush and had to get home in only one day, that's why we had to drive the entire 13hrs way back at once. but if you plan ahead where to stop and stay, it won't be too exhausting ;D

      Delete
  10. I wish I could go, but its a littttttle too far for me... only a days flight! haha. Looks like you had an amazing time!
    xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pictures, looks awesome there!

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blog!!!)))
    maybe follow each other?)))

    xoxo
    http://wildshadeblog.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments~ I appreciate all of them! :)

COPYRIGHT © 2010-2015 ACHEERFULINSPIRATION.BLOGSPOT.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.