Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week Rewind: Valentines Day, Moving, Cologne

VALENTINE'S DAY. This has already been more than one week, but since I didn't blog about it, you can see here what I had been up to on that supposedly lovey-dovey romantic day. My boyfriend is currently on the other side of the world, thus leaving me with a lonely valentine's day. First I thought about going out to the city, but I refused to hand myself over to the snowy hell of coldness.

In the end, I stayed in my warm, cozy, little apartment and turned valentine's day into a "FEEL-GOOD-BEAUTY-AND-WELLNESS DAY", haha! If it's all about giving and receiving love, why not give and receive love oneself? No need to be sad to not have a date, just treat yourself to something you enjoy, right? Thus, I turned on some soft music, wrapped my hair into a hair mask, put on a facial mask, grabbed a nice book to read while enjoying a relaxing, flowery-smelling, feet bubble bath! Yay!


Let's keep on MOVING, MOVING... my home. Since I will be leaving Germany for at least one year in the next month, it's time to say goodbye to my own little home in which I spent the last four years as a student. Time flew by faster than expected, and I actually got to really love my little room, although it's not very spacious and not one of the very attractive rooms, but rather old and maybe even frail because I can hear every little step of my neighbor above. The more familiar and comfortable I got with living here, the more feelings are attached to it, and the less I want to let go of the personal space.

However, what I could easily let go were all my readings and notes from my bachelor and master studies. If I  spread it evenly on the floor, I could cover my entire room with it. I still cannot believe how much I studied compared to how much from it is now left in my brain. Moreover, moving that huge mountain of paper to the disposal took me three runs.

Spent more than three days moving my stuff back to my old room in my parents' house. I definitely haven't done enough sports lately, because the muscle soreness from carrying heavy furniture, boxes and bags was so horribly intensive... I couldn't even lift my arms anymore.


When I was sorting my stuff, many surprising things popped out from my shelves and drawers, that is, many precious memories came back to light after being buried and forgotten in dusted corners for years. What I realized was that many things changed because I had changed.

When I was still a beauty junk, I would non-stop collect as many product samples as possible to figure out the best products for me. These are the PERFUME SAMPLES that I gathered throughout the last years, but now they might wander to the disposal. When I was young, I damned these CHINESE STUDY BOOKS and would have loved to throw them into the trash bag. But as I grow older, I started to slowly develop some passion for this language myself and these books suddenly regain their value to me.

As time goes by, many things become more worth, other things less worth to us. We might start to appreciate what we didn't appreciate before, and we might let go of what we thought we could never let go. I'm happy that I discovered many of these while moving back to my old room, because they are signs of growing up.


NIGHT SNACKING. I have to admit that I totally messed up my sleep pattern and kind of turned around day and night. Thus, I find myself night snacking a lot (although it's simply my dinner, just that I have it at an unusual time, haha!) which is definitely a bad habit to break. On the left, my friend and I went to the sushi restaurant where we used to job part-time. Back then, there were times when I couldn't see its meals anymore, but now that it has been a while, I missed the food there. On the right, homemade pho - ooohh, how I love noodle soups!


Here in Germany, in the area where I live, there aren't many big attractions around. But one which is certainly worth a "wow!" is the cathedral in COLOGNE (Kölner Dom). Although I've been there many, many times, the level of detail in this Gothic architecture still amazes me considering that it has all been created by human hands only. It's said to be the third highest church building in this world, and also the most visited landmark in Germany.

However, my friend and I didn't go there to visit the cathedral. We simply had a nice shopping afternoon (but we ended up not buying anything) and then headed for INDIAN FOOD at Buy Buy. Their curry was sooooo good, and that for a very reasonable price. We ordered a lamp curry à la chef and a chicken curry with tomatoes, garlic, onions and ginger, while the latter was a bit more spicy. However, I love spicy food (although I always get a running nose from it) and I can totally recommend that Indian place to everyone who also likes Indian curry.

That was again one week that has passed by quite fast. Countdown is running, just two more weeks until my departure to Hong Kong! Can't wait to drag you along to my new adventure over there :)


53 comments:

  1. What a relaxing and pampering way to spend your Valentine's day, despite your significant other being on the other side of the world! I haven't had a bubble bath in so long, it must be so nice and chill :) What a big change it is to move from somewhere you have stayed in for 4 years to somewhere new. Good luck!

    http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P I would love to try reading while I am taking a bath.



    …。…。…。…。…。…。…。 …。…。…。…。…。

    *May I invite you to my giveaway?

    I am giving out a USD$39.95 gift card from Casetagram! You could design your own iPhone 4/4s/5 or Samsung S2/S3/Note/Note2 smartphone cases!

    /
    christian | my blog : www.christianyuen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great time! It's so nice how you treated yourself :)
    All the food photos look so delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time
    in Germany c: I try to avoid having
    late mid-night snack...
    Have a wonderful trip to Hong Kong!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can never get over how beautiful cathedrals are built! lovely pictures xoxo

    http://tramplingicecream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt
    http://www.facebook.com/estilohedonico

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh you're heading over to Hong Kong for a year? What will you be doing there! I will be heading there at year end over for my semester exchange program. It'd be nice if we can meet if you're still there! My sister loves Germany (she went there to do some research project in TUM) and made me fall in love with Germany, though I've never been, but I'd love to one day.

    Following you back now! <3
    www.newindecember.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the comment on my blog :D I'm a new follower on GFC and bloglovin and I'd love it if you followed back dear..

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice post and great blog
    http://doseofglambition.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog u have...wanna follow each other? Just follow me on GFC and I will follow back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. cathedrals are always so mesmerizing!
    homemade pho is always the best time of food. and i always get a runny nose when i eat spicy food too!! it's so unnecessary haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's really soooo unnecessary and can be quite embarrassing when you are on a date sitting face-to-face with him =='

      Delete
  12. Love unearthing forgotten treasures when moving home, brings back such wonderful memories.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your idea for pampering yourself on Valentine's Day. Good luck with all of your moving preparations. Now following you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh I am so happy you found my blog so that now I have found yours! Good choice on a pampering day for VDAY. I will definitely be back and am your newest follower! Hope you will stop back by my blog and follow!

    xo, Kelsey Belle

    www.happiereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for stopping by my blog - following you now! interested to read more about your move to a new city!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow sweetie you have a lot of sample of colognes, really cute study books. sweetie really beautiful hotos now I´m following you I hope your follow me back.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, danke für deinen Kommentar. Ich hab mir deinen Blog mal angeschaut und finde ihn sehr interessant, weswegen ich ihn mal abonnieren werde.
    Ich wünsche doch einen schönen Montag. :)

    PS: Soo cool, dass du nach Hongkong ziehst. Wirst du dort jetzt nach deinem Studium leben?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know if everyone gets into that stage where they really wish they learned their mother tongue better... but I'm am so feeling it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool catch-up sesh! That bubble bath sounds DIVINE right now and all that yummy food...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, das ist ja cool. Bist du denn von da oder ist das ein komplett fremdes Land für dich? Ich find sowas toll und aufregend.

    Das wollte ich auch machen, aber dann in Thailand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yummy food!!
    Thank you dropping by at my blog and leaving ur comment:)
    Back reading ur blog, and ur new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me Mutter kommt von da. Mein Papa ist Deutscher und ich bin auch hier geboren und aufgewachsen. Es ist wie bei dir, ich war bis jetzt immer nur im Urlaub da gewesen und ich würde auch gerne mal wissen wie das Leben dort so ist, ist ja doch was anderes und ich wollte meine Sprachfähigkeit verbessern. Weil meine Mutter hat mir das nicht beigebracht und ich habs später in der VHS erst gelernt. (konnte vorher nur verstehen was andere sagen aber selber nicht sprechen.)

    ReplyDelete
  23. very lovely so nice that you could enjoy valentines day nonetheless. thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment! now following hope you can stop by my blog again soon and follow as well! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love your blog, it's so cute and lovely.
    btw thanks for dropping by in my blog. i am your new
    follower in all your social media
    hope u can follow back? thanks

    xoxo from Dubai,
    www.streetblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. hey dear, I just came across your blog and immediately fell in love with it, followed you as well :) I always look for new friends as I'm new into fashion blogging. I'd love if you'd maybe come and check out my blog as well? Would be great!

    x viktoria
    viktoriadimitrova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely post + pictures! Glad I came across your blog. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful photos ;) Lovely blog!

    I follow you:) i hope u'll follow me back ;)
    www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely recap, Connie. What a wonderful, relaxing way to spend your Valentine's day! You're absolutely right, oneself needs some love too!

    I'm a late night snacker too - but can you come over to make me some homemade pho? That looks so good!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  29. It sounds like you've had quite the experience in Germany. I'm envious, but I know I have to take responsibility of making my own story and experiences in life :)
    I'm excited to see what lies next in the coming chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your layout.Thanks for stopping by and for the follow.I'm following you back :)

    http://www.abeautifulfeather.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Petit-Plastique/473640259360447

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I felt the same way as you when I moved. You can't help to think about all the memories you had while living in there for so long. Good luck on your trip to hong kong!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I used to collect perfume samples too, I think I had a drawer full of them!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ja, ich seh so deutsch aus, ich weiß. Das haben so viele. Hab ich alles von meinem Papa. Ja, also nach dem Studium will ich auch jedenfall mal gucken, wäre jedenfalls interessant. Ich fliege diesen Sommer ohne Eltern nach Thailand. Mal gucken wie ich mit sprachlich schlage. Ich weiß ich hab noch viel zu lernen.

    Aber mich würde es auch reizen andere asiatische Länder zu bereisen. Mich beeindruckt die Vielfalt an Kulturen, Geschichten und Traditionen. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  35. This looks like a fun week and I love indian food! It is the best!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. awwwh! i didn't like to read chinese books too!
    but when i grow older, i think learning another language is special!
    thanks for dropping a comment to my blog
    i've followed you!
    hope you do the same
    http://www.fatiguechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. visiting here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =)

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely blog. My first time to visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh wow! So beautiful photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. A beauty day is a terrific way to spend Valentine's Day! It sounds perfect actually. :)
    I know what you mean about how much I've studied versus what's still left in me...Practically nothing I'd say! It feels like as soon as I take a test, the knowledge just floats out of me automatically!
    I had Indian food the other day. I absolutely adooooore it! I like everything Indian though! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi. I really like your blog. Maybe wanna follow each other?? Just let me know :)

    http://bblluusshh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. You can now BROWSE the blog by CATEGORY! Explore the beauty category here: http://www.ontomywardrobe.com/search/label/beauty
    Can't wait to update it with some new beauty products!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you for dropping by!
    Oh and have a safe flight to Hong Kong. Looking forward to your updates when you're in Hong Kong! :D

    Take care~

    xoxo
    http://mytimeless-distraction.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Followed back!
    Please check also my facebook page and like it if u can!

    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi, thanks for the comment & follow! I've followed you back..great blog!
    I have a really messed up sleep schedule too. I always eat my "dinner" really late and have late night snacking as well lol =\
    can't wait to hear about Hong Kong! I miss that city!

    ReplyDelete
  46. da hast du recht.das find ich auch gut. da macht man wenigstens was draus.

    deine notizen für das studium sehen genauso chaotisch aus wie meine gesetzestextsammlungen damals :D

    ReplyDelete
  47. i havent been to cologne in a couple of years, it still just as beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. beautiful pictures

    _____________________________________________
    Check out my blog too: heylinni.blogspot.com
    Fashion, hauls, ulzzang, tutorials, reviews <3

    ReplyDelete
  49. OMG OMG!! those memories!! I've used the same Chinese books lol !!! weird that i can still remember it since it has been such a long long time! Followed you btw ^^ :D

    http://memorable-days.net

    ReplyDelete
  50. yesss i have studied traditional chinese, simplified is so much easier but i'm used to the traditional one .. did you study it in holland as well? lol I can speak cantonese but my parents are hakkanese (don't know if you know that dialect haha since its not very common anymore).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments~ I appreciate all of them! :)

COPYRIGHT © 2010-2015 ACHEERFULINSPIRATION.BLOGSPOT.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.